In May 2018, the original Data Protection Act 1998 was replaced by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This had an impact on small businesses such as mine to notify users of how we collect and use their personal details. This page outlines how I do this.
The ‘Dukesmead’ Privacy Notice
What this confidentiality notice covers
Dukesmead is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to 'we' or 'us' means ‘Dukesmead’. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
Dukesmead is a Boarding Kennels & Cattery providing a caring service for your pets while they stay with us.
Information we gather
Dukesmead gathers certain information about people using the Boarding Kennels & Cattery. We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us
At your first use of our Boarding Kennels & Cattery we will ask you to fill in a Terms & Conditions form which will contain your Name, telephone number and other relevant information about yoursef/selves.
Information from Website Use
We do not gather or collect any information about you when you browse our website.
Information about you from third parties
We do not collect your personal information from other 3rd party sources.
How we may use your information
We only use your information for the purposes of running the Boarding Kennels & Cattery.
We do not use your information for other 3rd party marketing in any way.
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- 1. Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- 2. To provide you with information about our business, your treatment, your appointments, etc.
We will use the information you give us to:
- 1. Perform services you have requested or providing you with information you have asked for;
- 2. Administer any treatments that may be suggested and approved by yourself;
- 3. Any other reasonable purposes of Dukesmead, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (as amended from time to time).
We do not use your information for marketing purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not normally share your information with 3rd parties at all.
However, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies:
- 1. If we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) on production of an appropriate warrant for such data;
- 2. To protect the rights, property, information or safety of Dukesmead, our patients, or others.
Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the business in accordance with legal requirements.
Where we may store your information
We may keep your personal data in digital format, in a database, on personal computers, laptops, tablets or similar.
The Dukesmead will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to:
- 1. Request a copy of the personal information we hold about yourself. This request has a charge of £10 to cover postage etc.
- 2. Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you please contact us via telephone or by letter.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by informing you verbally at your next appointment.
Enquires and Complaints
Felicity Evans is the first point of contact regarding any enquires arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do in regard of protecting your personal data, please inform us in writing. Dukesmead will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days.
All information enquires or complaints should be sent in writing to:
- Felicity Evans
- Dukesmead Boarding Kennels & Cattery
- Ogbourne St George
- SN8 1TB